Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wedding Drama Saga: Part 5

Thoughts and feelings.

     Something that has been eating at me a little bit is the lack of sensitivity with financial situations.  Right now, everyone is having trouble.  Mom and dad are staying on tight budgets, Deltona and Kermit are maintaining their budget, and Mr. Adorable and I are fighting to get by.  Knowing that everyone is struggling and knowing the conversation that took place between my mom and Deltona- and how my personal financial situation was revealed during that conversation - it really makes me 'scratch my head' in question of how Deltona can be perfectly okay with allowing Mr. Adorable and I to 'save up' funds to pay for Kermit's tuxedo.  The reason I am not super mad is because I offered to pay it in an attempt to "keep financial peace" and avoid the "we can't afford the $100.00 to rent Kermit's tuxedo" (which me having offered to pay for him happened because Mr. Adorable's sister was to be a bridesmaid and I was going to have to pay for her dress......which is not happening anymore because she had to go to rehab.  Given, paying for one person is better than paying for two.  Plus, I believe at some point my mother was going to pay for Kermit's tux since I was paying for Mr. Adorable's sister.  But this has all become jumbled over time and here were are footing the bill for a tuxedo when we are already behind on some bills.) What bothers me is that Deltona KNOWS we have had the electric shut off, the water, and have had to fork out heavy fines to get those things turned back on, and she is without appreciation or thanks allowing us to scrape together funds for this.   I am not over exaggerating when I say it looks like Mr. Adorable and I will be eating beans and rice for a about 2 or 3 weeks until the new term starts and my financial aid kicks in again.  And the point of ALL of this:

 She has NO BUSINESS knowing my finances and I SHOULDN'T know hers.

 I have little patience listening to her complaining about being broke when I know she pays her mortgage double each month (and the extra is not being applied to her principle but to her INTEREST which does nothing to save her money).  And why doesn't Kermit wrestle the finances from her, take control and get their crap together? (they have already tried talking and there is no compromise).
    Also- my other question to throw out there - My mom knows how I feel about lots of expensive flowers.  Given, you only get married once (for me this is true as I do not believe in divorce unless one's life is in danger).  So, why do we need to spend so much on flowers????? Can't we use some of THAT to pay for Kermit's tux?  Seriously.  Let's save some $$$.  We could save SO MUCH if I was given a budget and made the floral arrangements myself.  Due to school and final exams a week before the day of the wedding, I am forbidden from "doing too much". 

side thought - look at all the problems that revolve around money!  From my point of view it has caused much of the family drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment