Friday, July 12, 2013

Wedding Details: Part 1 - Beautiful Flowers

I'm going to take some time to write about the details and ideas for my wedding.  I have spent a lot of time dwelling on the drama, using this blog as a means to maintain my sanity through all of the planning, so I am going to start a series within this blog about the more creative aspects of the wedding.
Flowers.  Though, I have mentioned that planning these has brought me much annoyance it is finally settling down to where I can enjoy what is going on.  My wedding theme is centered around orange gerbera daisies.  Mr. Adorable on one of our first dates gave me a bundle of these magnificent orange flowers because he remembered that my favorite color is orange.  Ever since he has spontaneously surprised me with orange gerberas.
Orange is a great color but I needed to break it up some with another color so I picked shades of purple.  The two colors work wonderfully together as you will see in the picture below:


We ended up not with this exact combination of florals but instead with a mixture of voodoo roses, white roses,and orange gerbera with some sprigs of baby's breath for the bridemaid's bouquets.  For my bridal bouquet it will be straight roses - white with baby's breath.

Here is a voodoo rose:


(image from only-roses.com)

So, now I am a bit more excited about the flowers.  Sitting down with our florist REALLY helped me to get a picture of what exactly our money was buying. The quality of their flowers is amazing! 

So,  since we dropped the purple stock we decided to use purple toned baby's breath instead.  This will tie in well with the purple dresses my bridesmaids selected from David's Bridal:








Super cute!


And their shoes will match their bouquets (yes, orange) and their hair flowers I designed for them:



No comments:

Post a Comment