Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wedding Drama Saga: Part 12

Rehearsal Dinner....?

Well, Mr. Adorable had it all figured out for the rehearsal dinner and then ONE thing (or rather, idea) sent it all spinning again.  There seems to be a lot of back and forth with my parents about doing an actual rehearsal on site. So, Mr. Adorable and I accommodate that with a tentative trip to the wedding site before going to the dinner.  Then I later (after weeks of trying to settle this) get a text from my mom stating we were going to do a walk through rehearsal the day of the wedding ONE HOUR before the ceremony.  WTF?????  Has everyone gone insane?  I am almost 100% sure I will be getting dressed or IN my dress at that time and Mr. Adorable is NOT allowed to see me that day at all, much less in my dress.  How does she think this is going to work?
So, I had the honor and responsibility for clarifying this with the minister who has yet to get back to me via email.  Again - how is planning the rehearsal/dinner turning into my responsibility when I have been already given the verbal "This is the groom's responsibility and you are not to plan this."?  Holy koala bears......

So, Mr. A and I decide to do the rehearsal dinner 2 nights prior to the wedding, if anything as a 'get to know you' session for our parents.  Then, at that time we can do a verbal 'walk through' of the wedding.  And on the wedding day, before I am gowned up we do a rehearsal and if I am already getting dressed then I will have a bridesmaid stand in for me. 
I ran this idea by my mom.  I got this response - "If we do go out to eat and everyone pays their way then you know dad and I are going to have to pay for about six meals because we are not going to allow the minister to pay for himself..." (and the implication of grandparents).  And then she followed it up with - "unless we can convince dad to let the grandparents pay for themselves."

So here is my new proposition - NO dinner.  I am SICK of the marry-go-round.  I will make a written itinerary step by step of what is to happen.  DONE WITH THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment