Friday, July 26, 2013

Wedding Drama Saga: Part 16

The Marriage License......

What can I say? 
Mr. Adorable and I went on Monday to apply for our marriage license.  All went smoothly until we had to pay for it.  The clerk swiped my card to report back that it had been declined.  So we went across the street to the bank.  The bank was closed so I had to withdraw money through the ATM.  Upon trying I discover a message stating that my account was "Restricted due to unusual activity on the account."  I called the bank number with no luck as I need to speak to a representative and knowing that there was no way to gain access to my account until the bank opened I would have to put off getting our license.  I returned home with Mr.A to check my accounts and call the bank customer service line.  Explaining what I found on my account (over 1000 dollars overdraft of shopping by some unknown person who somehow got my card number - and all purchases were declined thanks to my bank and the fact that I have practically nothing in my account) - again, explaining what I had discovered to the service rep she checked my accounts, explained that they caught it in time and that the issue was already being fixed.  We confirmed my purchases verses the fraudulent ones.  The downside is now I have to get a new account and memorize all my numbers again.
So how did they get my card number?  I suspect a local restaurant.  It HAD to have happened by an employee some place that had the ability to see my card.  A restaurant would be logical.  I only ate at one since the ordeal began.   From now on it is cash only for me.  Gotta stay safe and protect my assets. 
With all of this going on and my bank account frozen, I will be returning to the courthouse to complete our marriage license application. 


No comments:

Post a Comment