Monday, July 29, 2013

Wedding Drama Saga: Part 18

Bridal Shower?
Nope. Not happening and here's why -

     My MoH (GP) started months ago making the plans.  She ended up going on vacation.  Before she went on vacation she asked my mom for help in planning because she wasn't sure what to do.  something happened somewhere, somehow, and my mom ended up taking over the shower planning.  This could have happened because GP went on vacation.  I suspect the ball got dropped by GP due to her fiance proposing to her on the vacation.  Anyhow, because of all the drama with my mom and her having to take care of grandma (she is still in rehab and the nurses there are not that stellar either) the shower got cancelled.  It was supposed to take place this Sunday.  I am a little sad and this is due mostly to having cancelled other plans and events to accommodate a shower.  I am not mad about not having a 'party'.  I am mad because people dropped the ball and it makes me feel like I am more of an obligation - that the event was being planned out of obligation and not love (even though I know I am loved.  The head knowledge is helping me survive right now).  They had 2 months to get shit together and one week prior decide it is "too stressful" to pull off right now.  F*k it.   I have people running around me complaining about inconveniences, all the crap going on in their lives.  None of them have taken a moment to think about my situation.  And no - I will not whine about it openly.  If they want to know I will tell them.  For you, my readers, here is what I have going on - I am in the middle of planning a wedding myself,  I am approaching my last year of school in medicine, my house is up for foreclosure and I will have to declare bankruptcy as soon as I get employed.  Jobs are scarce and no one will hire me due to my credit (it was destroyed by the foreclosure) and my school schedule.  On top of it I have a health issue that is being maintained successfully (thanks to the school and doctors there) but this health issue is what caused the foreclosure to begin with because I could not work and was bed ridden for a while.  So yeah.... stress.  Let me hear again about how your job is making you tired.  Let me hear again that you can't plan anything because you are going on vacation and need a break.  Maybe I need to be more understanding?  People have different levels at which they can 'break'.  Mine is just ridiculously high.  BTW - this did cause me to have a meltdown.  Cancelling the shower really made me feel unimportant and it made me feel like my schedule was not important - like people are watching their own backs and forgetting to look 'up' at the world.  It is sad.  I was disappointed.  Reflecting on everything - I have made too many allowances for others opinions on this wedding.  My recommendations to brides - if at all possible, choose the bridesmaids dresses and tell your maids they either wear the dress you picked out or they can decline the position.  Same with the shoes.  If they don't like it, they can shove it.  It is YOUR day.  While my wedding will be nice, I feel like I wasn't 'heard'.  For example - I chose a garden to get married in so we could bypass expensive flowers.  What happened?  I had a plan when we got started.  The plan in comparison now is so very different.  Why?  Because people insisted that their ideas were better and the way to proceed.  So brides out there - DO NOT let others plan your day for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment