Monday, July 8, 2013

Wedding Drama Saga: Part 9

I feel like this battle will not end.  The wedding insanity just will not stop and despite taking a break from planning I still feel like I cannot deal with the stress.  Deltona is behaving herself for the time being but other matters are cropping up.  I just had to tell Kermit that I would not be able to afford his tuxedo.  So, either he is going to have to pay on his own or he will not be able to be in the wedding.  Then Mr. Adorable tells me that the best man may not be able to make it because of his boss and inability to get the time off because it is "back to school" time (mind you, this is the same boss that told our best man he could not go to the ER when his appendix was on the verge of rupturing and as a result our best man spent 45 days in the hospital with peritonitis).  So yeah.  We are potentially down two groomsmen.  AND one of my bridesmaids had a freak household accident and will not be able to come.  So we are also down a bridesmaid.  What is really getting to me is how I am feeling like I am doing everything myself.  Tasks that were delegated to others ended up back in my lap because people do not know how to make decisions.  That goodness for my maid of honor!  She seems to be the only one capable of arranging things without me as a crutch. 
Right now the rehearsal dinner has me stressed out.  This is something the groom and his family are supposed to arrange and Mr. Adorable agreed to getting this underway.  This area is still very vague and 'in the dark' and it is contributing to my nerves.  I really do not want the responsibility of planning that too.  Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Adorable understands exactly how much stress all of this is and how much planning I have had to do already.  I sort of feel alone in all this and I want the confidence that he is helping.  This is where I just need to back off and let him plan as he does. 
One of the other areas of annoyance for me is how people cannot seem to commit to anything.  I have guests telling me "I may be able to come but then, I may not be able to.  I will let you know when the wedding date is closer."   ?????? Really?  In my opinion this shows that you really are not interested in coming.  Obviously this ocassion is not that important to you if that is the stance you are taking.  Well, the RSVP date is on the horizon. Anyone who has not responded by then will be dropped from the guest list and I will invite those that really do want to be at my wedding.  This is sad.
I have school in 15 minutes so I will need to wrap this up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment