Friday, July 19, 2013

Wedding Drama Saga: Part 15

I just want to take a moment to say: 
     Even though I have complained, whined, ranted and soap-boxed a lot, I am very lucky to have parents that have budgeted and planned for my wedding.  Had they not accepted this as their responsibility then Mr. A and I would either be having an itty-bitty-teeny-tiny wedding or an itty-bitty wedding in about 3 to 5 years because that would be about when we could afford it.  I am lucky and I am thankful.  Stress can be a very blinding thing and after my previous entry I was able to unwind enough to be able to remember this.   Yes, the wedding did turn out way larger than I wanted or had planned initially, but hey - I am not paying for it and most of the increases were due to my mom's wishes.  And it is a blessing. 
     A large part of me is horrified at how much this thing costs because I, right now, am in the midst of financial hell.  That hell though, is NOT my parent's responsibility and would be happening wedding or not.  This is my opportunity to learn 'how' to live and fly on my own.  But I will admit - I am scared as shit.  But at least I do not have to go through it alone.  Mr. A is my rock and reason to keep trying and pushing and striving for a brighter tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment